En esta web hemos hablado varias veces de lo que es el ciberbullying, que como te recuerdo, es una práctica muy usada por los menores de cierta edad o incluso por los adultos, por la cual realizan acoso de forma digital aprovechándose del anonimato que este tipo de tecnologías puede ofrecer.
What is Cyberbullying?
Cyberbullying is a threat, harassment, persecution, hassle or nuisance through any mobile device like mobile phones, tablets, computers, etc. and done by a child to another child. Cyberbullying is really dangerous, as the expansion of the harassment and humiliation made to the child is very big, because the use of internet makes this kind of bullying spread much faster than normal. Also, anonymous networks may cause the harasser a feeling of unpunishment and think there are no consequences to their actions. This is a common MISTAKE, because when reported, the bully can be located in a easy way.
How can we confront cyberbullying?
Our advice to confront cyberbullying are:
- If you are being bullied, the first thing to do is asking for help or advice to an adult or an expert in this matter. They will know how to proceed, so follow their advice.
- Don't answer to provocations or insults from others, you will only worsen the situation.
- Stop every communication with the bully and remove him/her from your contacts. On social media you should also block every communication with strangers.
- Don’t publish personal info in your profiles on social media.
- Communicate only with people you know. Don’t trust anybody you have met on social media or the internet.
- In case of harassment you must keep evidence to prove it, screenshots of messages and media received are always a good option.
- Behave always politely with other people, just as you would like them to treat you.
- Don’t accept invitations or friend requests from strangers. You don’t know who is behind the account so be extra careful.
- Report to the services provider (Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp...) the improperly use of the service the bully is making, because he/she will probably be banned.
If you notice somebody is being bullied, don’t take part, neither ignore the situation. You must report it to an adult, he/she can take care of the situation.
Today we talk about Cyberbullying, a danger or threat unknown to some parents that children tend to suffer more and more nowadays. Cyberbullying is increasing due to new technologies and how children use it with no control.
From earliest ages, the youngest of the household begin to use devices with Internet access. These devices give the possibility of evolve to teaching, but they can also imply serious dangers of which we have to be aware of both parents and children.
Check your questions and doubts on the Internet Segura 4 Kids phone
Today I bring good news to all of you, especially for the little ones at home and their families. There is already a phone number you can call to check your doubts and questions about security and the threats of the internet! It’s a completely free phone number. It has been created to solve your doubts and answer your questions about safety and threats of the internet. It’s aimed not only at parents and educators, but also at kids and teenagers who might need it.
Even though SecureKids has a great number of features, there is always something you could miss, either because we can’t do everything or because there are some features we are not able to improve or develop. This is the case of Youtube, as it belongs to the almighty Google, it has its own parental control to control the videos minors can watch.
After explaining how SecureKids block calls or application monitoring and many other functionalities, we will now explain one of the main elements of our service, emergencies. This feature allows you to create an alert message in situations where your child wants it and, if possible, taking a picture of the moment.
How people interact with other peers has changed over time. This has been a fact since the social media phenomenon came into our lives. Now, interacting in real life has been shifted to the background level, people prefer to stay online at home . With the internet boom, the use of computers had been increasing slowly. The arrival of Hotmail was the first stepping stone to make this happen.
The development of new technologies is change our lifestyle. It’s not only changing the elderly people’s lives, now you can practically do bureaucratic paperwork online, and make an online inquiry as well. You don’t need to look for a number in the yellow pages or in the phonebook nor wait with your smartphone until you get an answer back. The internet has revolutionized our way of living and also ours kids’.