From earliest ages, the youngest of the household begin to use devices with Internet access. These devices give the possibility of evolve to teaching, but they can also imply serious dangers of which we have to be aware of both parents and children.
What is Cyberbullying?
Cyberbullying is a threat, harassment, persecution, hassle or nuisance through any mobile device like mobile phones, tablets, computers, etc. and done by a child to another child. Cyberbullying is really dangerous, as the expansion of the harassment and humiliation made to the child is very big, because the use of internet makes this kind of bullying spread much faster than normal. Also, anonymous networks may cause the harasser a feeling of unpunishment and think there are no consequences to their actions. This is a common MISTAKE, because when reported, the bully can be located in a easy way.
How can we confront cyberbullying?
Our advice to confront cyberbullying are:
- If you are being bullied, the first thing to do is asking for help or advice to an adult or an expert in this matter. They will know how to proceed, so follow their advice.
- Don't answer to provocations or insults from others, you will only worsen the situation.
- Stop every communication with the bully and remove him/her from your contacts. On social media you should also block every communication with strangers.
- Don’t publish personal info in your profiles on social media.
- Communicate only with people you know. Don’t trust anybody you have met on social media or the internet.
- In case of harassment you must keep evidence to prove it, screenshots of messages and media received are always a good option.
- Behave always politely with other people, just as you would like them to treat you.
- Don’t accept invitations or friend requests from strangers. You don’t know who is behind the account so be extra careful.
- Report to the services provider (Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp...) the improperly use of the service the bully is making, because he/she will probably be banned.
If you notice somebody is being bullied, don’t take part, neither ignore the situation. You must report it to an adult, he/she can take care of the situation.
After explaining how SecureKids block calls or application monitoring and many other functionalities, we will now explain one of the main elements of our service, emergencies. This feature allows you to create an alert message in situations where your child wants it and, if possible, taking a picture of the moment.
The development of new technologies is change our lifestyle. It’s not only changing the elderly people’s lives, now you can practically do bureaucratic paperwork online, and make an online inquiry as well. You don’t need to look for a number in the yellow pages or in the phonebook nor wait with your smartphone until you get an answer back. The internet has revolutionized our way of living and also ours kids’.